tagline

THIS IS NOT A POLITICAL BLOG BUT A BLOG FOR A BETTER MALAYSIA!

Sunday, November 30, 2008

TheStar : DAP and PKR wooing Zaid Ibrahim

(The Star) SHAH ALAM: Two opposition parties have been courting former de facto Law Minister Datuk Zaid Ibrahim.

According to sources, both DAP and PKR have approached the politician to join their respective parties.

Zaid helped fuel the rumours by attending the DAP victory dinner in Penang and the opening of the PKR congress in Shah Alam yesterday.

When contacted, he said: “I appreciate both their helping hands to resuscitate my political life but I want to see if I can do something useful for young people.”

“The foundation for young people has been registered and will start work soon. I may go back to politics in a few years. That’s as clear as I can say,” he added.

Earlier at the congress, Zaid who was spotted sitting next to SAPP president Datuk Yong Teck Lee said: “Yes, yes I am still in Umno. I have not been sacked yet.”

Zaid, who recently received a show cause letter from Umno, said he was still waiting for their response.

On whether it was right for him to be present at a congress openly slamming Umno, Zaid replied it was normal in politics.

“The Opposition is not an enemy. They are just people with different views so I don’t regard them as enemies. They ‘bantai’ (slam) Umno and Umno slams them. It’s part of the game,” he said.

On whether he had any fear that Umno would be forced to take action against him for showing up at the opening of PKR congress with Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim as the keynote speaker, he said: “I think I don’t have that much fear. I fear more for my health. I am not well.”

Others at the opening included DAP’s Lim Kit Siang, Karpal Singh, Teresa Kok and Dr Chen Man Hin.

The delegation from PAS included Datuk Husam Musa, Datuk Nizar Jamaluddin and Datuk Kamaruddin Jaafar.

SAPP recently left Barisan Nasional but it has not joined Pakatan Rakyat.

1 comment:

UMNO PARTI PENJARA said...

Orang UMNO jangan khianati bangsalah :-(















Papan Tanda Kat Negara Kita Dah Sengetlah :-)
http://pro-faizal.blogspot.com