tagline

THIS IS NOT A POLITICAL BLOG BUT A BLOG FOR A BETTER MALAYSIA!

Monday, December 21, 2009

It’s a conspiracy, lawyer Rosli tells court

KUALA LUMPUR: Lawyer Rosli Dahlan told the Sessions Court here today that he was the a victim of conspiracy by the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC).

He said the then Anti-Corruption Agency wanted  to fix him up as he was  representing former Commercial Crime Director Ramli Yusuff, who was accused of various offences in 2007.
Rosli, of Lee Hishamuddin Allen & Gledhill,  has pleaded not guilty to a charge of ignoring a notice to declare his assets before Sessions Court judge Abu Bakar Katar and was testifying on the first day of the hearing.
He said the MACC claimed it gave him the notice because he was regarded as an accomplice to Ramli.
“I told them I am a lawyer,” he said. “How can a lawyer become an accomplice? Of course, in line with the law, I told them as a lawyer I am bound by client-lawyer confidentiality.
“But I was prepared to declare that I never owned any such assets.”
The hearing continues tomorrow.
Rosli is defended by K. Kumarendran.

No comments: